Funding

The initial budget of the ENPI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme was € 173.6 million, coming both from the European Regional Development Fund and Heading 4 of the EU budget - EU as global partner. Following the mid-term evaluation of the ENPI cross-border component carried out in 2011, additional € 26.4 million have been granted to the Programme by the European Commission. This represents an increase of 15% over the original budget (€ 173.6 million) bringing it to € 200 million.

Budget
€ 200 million of EU contribution, of which:
€ 182.6 million for financing of cross-border projects*
€ 17.4 million for technical assistance.

National co-financing
The EU contribution covers maximum 90% of the project total budget, while the remaining 10% have to be provided by the beneficiary/partners as co-financing.

*A minimum of 10% of this amount will be added as co-financing at project level.

 

04.04.2012